Updated on 27 Apr, 2022
This guide will allow you to set up UTunnel OpenVPN on an ASUS RT router.
Downloading UTunnel OpenVPN configuration file
1. The first step in setting up OpenVPN set up on ASUS RT router is to obtain UTunnel OpenVPN file. Visit our website and click LOGIN button at the top right to sign in with your UTunnel login credentials.
2. You will reach the UTunnel Dashboard window. Click on the Server tab at the top menu from where you can download the OVPN File.
3. Navigate to Server and go to server settings Router Configuration and click on ADD ROUTER button to generate router configuration.
Give your desired name for the configuration.
4. Download the router config OVPN file. You can save the file at your preferred location.
Installing OVPN file
5. Type your ASUS router’s default IP address or router.asus.com in your browser’s address bar to access the control panel. If you have changed the IP address, enter that to continue. Sign in with your ASUS router account. You will land on the router’s default settings. Find Advanced Settings from the left side menu and select VPN.
6. Select VPN Client tab. Click on Add profile button.
7. A new window pops up. Select OpenVPN tab and enter a preferred name in the Description field. Here we have named it as UTunnel. Leave Username and Password fields blank. Upload the .ovpn file downloaded from UTunnel dashboard. Once the upload is complete, you will get a notification. Click OK to complete the setup.
8. The pop up window disappears. Click on the Activate button below Connection in the VPN Server List.
9. Once connected, the Connection Status column gets updated with a blue tick and the Activate button turns to Deactivate.
10. Now you are all set to connect your devices via Utunnel installed on ASUS router.
11. To disconnect the VPN, click on the Deactivate button.